12 October 2005

Lost

Manjula and I have been enjoying the television show Lost. There is an Indian actor on the show named Naveen Andrews, but he doesn't play an Indian person, he plays an Iraqi soldier. Manjula won't admit it, but I think she finds him quite handsome. Normally I don't mind, because there is also a very lovely Korean woman on the show. But tonight as I was tenderly embracing Manjula the way I normally do on Wednesday evenings before my graveyard shift, I noticed a far away look in her eyes. I think she may have been pretending that I was this Naveen fellow. Later when she told me that she thought perhaps I should grow my hair a bit longer and wash it only once a week, I became even more suspicious.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apu:
It is I, your cousin-in-law thrice removed, Muni Vadaseekerpillai. I saw your name in sepiamutiny and was most proud and puffed. I am now in Canada and am having a very good time thank you very much. I am proud proprietor of a dollar mart. I sell also cuban cigars. You want some. Then come to Toronto and we will have good time. We will hope to see you there, no? Let us now rejoice.

Yours most respectfully,
Muni Vadaseekerpillai

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Silambarasan Sukumaran Mani Iyer said...

Read in Sepia Mutiny about your blog. neenga romba nalla blog pannarenga.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Apu said...

Ah, Muni! I would very much love to come to Toronto and enjoy your Cuban cigars. It has also been a hope of mine to visit the famous Niagara Falls. Unfortunately, my next day off at the Kwik-E-Mart will not be until July 4, 2006. I hope at that time to be able to make a visit.

Silambarasan,
Thank you very much for the comment! What does it mean? (I am ashamed to admit that I am no longer so fluent in my mother tongue.)

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mother tongue?! are you really desi, apu? b/c then you'd know that there's more than one south asian language, and that mani iyer's comment was in tamil, and that it means, "you've done a really nice blog."

10:45 AM  
Blogger Apu said...

anonymous,
Yes, there are many South Asian languages, but for me there is only one mother tongue. Tamil, which I have conveniently forgotten and can no longer even recognize.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apu

who really is running this blog? and why don't u start a podcast? go to wikipedia.org and research podcast.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Naveen said...

Don't worry about your wife. Let her know that I think you're the best Desi actor out there.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home